Chicken salad is one of our favorites - and fresh summer veggies and fruit make it extra fine. This recipe is based mostly on Austin's mom's recipe, but with a few twists. Over the years a lot of people have asked for the secret of how to make this dish...so here you go!
Summer Chicken Salad Recipe All ingredient proportions to taste:
1. Pan fry 2 to 3 large chicken breasts in EVOO with lemon pepper, garlic, and salt...let cool, then dice into small chunks,
2. Diced apples, pineapple (pour in some juice too),
3. Chopped onion, green onion, cilantro, ginger, several stalks of celery, and a handful of pecans,
4. Two large scoops of mayo (you won't really taste it - it's just the glue to hold everything together),
5. Dijon or balsamic dressing (go easy on this at first, add more if necessary),
6. Spice with course salt, fresh ground pepper, and any other spices that complement.
* It is best to combine everything in a large bowl and then let it cool in the fridge for an hour before serving.
** Serve with whole grain tortilla chips, Wasa crackers, muenster cheese, or on toast. You can't go wrong.
*** Also, don't forget the cherries.